Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC and character sets - Mailing list pgsql-interfaces

From Herouth Maoz
Subject Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC and character sets
Date
List pgsql-interfaces
At 18:22 +0300 on 22/06/1999, David Warnock wrote:

> > If I understand this correctly, if I make sure the driver converts the
> > strings (in the correct methods) into UTF-8, then unicode support will
> > work?
> >
> > I'm wondering, as I haven't delved into Unicode with the driver yet. If
> > this is the case, it will be a simple thing to implement.
>
> Ooooh yes please. This would be a great thing for us. If you need any
> help testing please tell us.

Well, what if we haven't compiled the system for unicode? Make sure the
driver doesn't kill us in such a case. We use ISO8859-8 for our data. If
you were to convert it to utf-8, it would certainly not work as we expect.
Especially if the database is not compiled for unicode.

Herouth

--
Herouth Maoz, Internet developer.
http://telem.openu.ac.il/~herutma